The Alaya Foundation was created in 2015. Father Benoît Lacroix hosted our very first fund- raising event, encouraging our fledging foundation through his generosity, spirit of openness, interest in world cultures and desire to bring people together. He had just turned 100 years old.
This first evening was followed by various thematic events featuring artists, guest speakers and journalists, continuously characterized by the will to gather together in diversity and to share information about our primary mission.
Dear guests and members of the audience, you have often by responded by demonstrating your commitment to our actions and you have been most generous. We would like to thank you, once again.
Here is a summary of our accomplishments to date:
- March 2, 2017 – Homage to Expo 67 benefit concert with Les Requins and Shirley Théroux, our patron for the evening in Montréal.
- November 24, 2016 – Benefit concert with guest speaker alpinist Gabriel Filippi and Catherine with a Tahan Blind Test in Montréal.
- June 2, 2016 – Benefit concert by Marc Hervieux in Montréal.
- December 11, 2015 – Screening of the documentary film “Women of the mountains” as part of the official selection of the Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival in Nepal.
- December 4, 2015 – Benefit conference by Martine Breuillaud at Café Citrus in Ste-Adèle, Québec.
- November 14, 2015 – Benefit concert for the Alaya Foundation organised by the Anges de l’Espoir Foundation at the Église de la Visitation church in Montréal.
- October 15, 2015 – First fund-raising evening with Father Benoît, held at the Dominican Monastery. Guest speakers were journalist Charlez Tisseyre and alpinist Gabriel Filippi.